Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Does it Bug You?


As we sit in AY, the darkness outside is settling, I see this beetle-type flying bug come zooming and crash into the stage. It flops onto its back and buzzes until it finally can flip over. Then it flies, hits the stage again, and once again, lands on its back. This happens over and over again and I’m just amazed at how dumb the bug is! Then it flies off to the front of the stage. As I focus back on understand the message in Spanish, I forget about the bug. 

All of a sudden it comes in front of the speaker and tries to land on the floor! Another crash-landing, flipping right onto it’s back..... Again and again. Wow, such intelligence! Then I think about.... yup, me. It just "bugs" me how often I do that! I try to make my own plans, try to do it all on my own, then I flop onto my back. I try again and again. I stress out about it, but why don’t I let Jesus just put me back where I belong, in the center of His will. He must watch me struggling on the cold floor, thinking how simple life would be if I would just trust Him! 

“So long as we surrender the will to God and trust in His strength and wisdom, we shall be guided in safe paths, to fulfill our appointed part in His great plan.” DA 209

Teach me to surrender and trust You!

1 comment:

  1. Ah my friend...I want to surrender too, been praying for you! Miss your face! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete