Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Who has the wheel?


Rain, rain, rain, and more rain! Yup, that’s what the last few weeks have been like. It won’t rain completely all day, but enough so that the clothes can only partly dry before they get rinsed yet again! 

There is a group here from a missionary school in Honduras. They have been doing meetings in the church with kids classes, teaching health to the villagers, visiting people in their homes, helping work on our project, along with other things. It’s exciting to see as people who don’t usually come to church are coming to the meetings and some of them to church as well! The first night, one of my little girls told me (in spanish), “do you see the man in the white shirt? He’s my dad!” She was super excited, because he doesn’t normally come to church. Her mom sometimes comes, but she usually comes with her aunt. Praise the Lord for the way that He is working in people’s lives! 

The village we work in is about 10 miles away.... But now it takes about 45 minutes to get there. Remember I said it had been raining a lot? Yeah, there are monster-sized holes to bounce over, rivers to ford and mud slides to maneuver through. The bus that we drive has a few minor problems, such as the battery box underneath is about to fall off (well, it did fall partially off to where it scraped the ground, but it’s now tied up with string.... I mean straps:). As it had been a few days since I had driven the road to the village, my co-pilot, Keila, warned me about how to keep that side of the bus out of the holes so the box doesn’t get knocked off. Those monster-sized holes.... they are filled with water, so I can’t see which ones are the biggest! So, my co-pilot was alerting me to where the holes were the worst. Uh oh, do I go through the hole or the river? Can’t avoid this mud-slide! Slowly, but surely, we made our way through the maze and to the village. On the way back was a bit more challenging, because it was pitch black outside! Thanks to the wisdom of my co-pilot and my driving skills ;) we made it back with the battery box still hanging by its strap! 

Who is the co-pilot in your life? Or better yet, the pilot! A big difference is that Jesus knows every hole, He knows every river, He knows every mud-slide that we come to in our lives, because He has traveled this road before! Lord, help me to move out of the pilot’s seat and let Jesus take the wheel in my life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment